Student Services

Please see the Academics page for coursework and other resources specific to the BSW, MSW, and Ph.D. programs.

BSW students learning in classroom


Each student enrolled in the School of Social Work is assigned a faculty advisor to assist them with many aspects of their educational plan. Advisors are also excellent resources for questions about field placement, career development, and job opportunities.

It is strongly recommended that students make an appointment to meet with their assigned advisor at least once each semester, especially before registration. Students can contact their advisor by e-mail to set up an appointment. To learn who your faculty advisor is, contact the Main Office at (573) 882-6206.

If you’re new to MU, transferring into the School of Social Work, or have coursework and requirement questions about our degree programs, contact the Student Services Coordinator to set up an individual time to discuss your plan of study.



All social work majors should meet with their assigned advisor for an advising appointment prior to Early Registration each semester. Advising holds for freshman and sophomore pre-professional BSW students will be removed after the advising appointment. Junior and Senior professional BSW students can obtain permission numbers for BSW classes at their advising appointment.

After removing any holds (advising, immunization, etc.) all social work students may register for courses on myZou during designated registration periods. Click here for a list of registration dates and deadlines from the MU Registrar.

The School of Social Work BSW program participates in the MU Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). This system is an automated record of a student’s progress toward completion of a degree. DARS reflects the distribution of all academic credit earned toward degree completion, including credit from MU, transfer credit (including equivalencies if appropriate), and courses currently in progress. Students can access a copy of their individual Degree Audit through myZou, their faculty advisor, or by contacting the Student Services Coordinator.

For more information, contact:

Tammy FreelinTammy Freelin
Student Services Coordinator
University of Missouri
School of Social Work
722 Clark Hall
Columbia, MO 65211-4470
Phone: (573) 882-1656