Social Work Job Listings
Most employers are reputable and reliable, but the School of Social Work is not in a position to guarantee the professional standing of individual agencies, companies or other employers posting position notices. Applicants should research potential employers as part of the job search process.
Employers: if you would like us to post your opening, send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri State Job Opportunities can be viewed at https://apps1.mo.gov/meritregisters/. This site provides information concerning Merit registers that are open for current, future, and ongoing job opportunities within the agencies that comprise the Missouri Merit System. State Employment Information for Job Applicants can be viewed and accessed at: http://oa.mo.gov/human-resources-service-center.
New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation certified by the Missouri Department of Mental Health and accredited by CARF. Funding sources include the Department of Mental Health, MO Healthnet, Medicare, and various grants. New Horizons assists adults with disabling mental illnesses as well as adults with co-occurring substance use disorders by offering an array of services including Healthcare Home, Community Support, Medication Services, Crisis Intervention & Resolution, Counseling Services, Psychosocial Rehabilitation, and Residential Services. New Horizons serves approximately 500 consumers. Job openings are posted for the following positions:
- Health Care Home Director: Jefferson City, MO & Columbia, MO
Immediate fulltime opening for a Registered Nurse to be a HEALTHCARE HOME DIRECTOR for New Horizons in Jefferson City and Columbia MO. Time is shared between the two locations. This position oversees implementation and coordination of Healthcare Home activities (Patient Centered Health/Medical Home), wellness promotion/training and supervises Nurse Care Managers and a Support Staff. Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with full benefits including medical insurance, paid holidays, paid leave and a 403(b) retirement plan. Position requires a license as a Registered Nurse. Experience in outpatient mental health and supervisory experience preferred. Submit resume along with application to email@example.com, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- PATH Supervisor: Columbia, MO
Immediate full time opening for a PATH Supervisor. Duties include: Supervise a Homeless Outreach Specialist who provides outreach, primary engagement, and case management for persons who are homeless and mentally ill. Provide community outreach and education such as informing other social service providers of the PATH program. Provide clinical expertise as it relates to case management and crisis intervention with PATH consumers. Coordinate agency referrals including maintaining a system to screen consumers for eligibility, gather, supporting documentation, and refer to the CPR Program or other appropriate programs or agencies. Work Hours: Full-time days Monday-Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm along with being on call for crisis intervention. Full benefits including medical insurance, paid holidays, paid sick & vacation leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Qualifications: Master’s degree in human services field. Skills and experience in supervision and community relations. A positive and caring attitude is essential. Must meet Missouri Department of Mental Health definition of “Qualified Mental Health Professional”, which requires clinical licensure, or a Master’s degree with completion of a graduate school practicum or one year of experience under supervision of a mental health professional. Submit resume along with application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at New Horizons; 1408 Hathman Place; Columbia, MO 65201. Mail to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- ITCD Specialist/Therapist: Jefferson City, MO
We have an immediate opening for an Integrated Treatment for Co-Occuring Disorders Specialist/Therapist to provide group and/or individual therapy for consumers struggling with co-occurring disorders. Will be a part of the on-call rotation.Qualifications: Master’s degree with experience in the human services field preferred. Professional licensure as a Social Worker, Psychologist or Counselor or meet Missouri Department of Mental Health definition of “Qualified Mental Health Professional” and complete required trainings and / or hold Missouri certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor. Job duties included but not limited to: Develop and implement co-ocurring disorder psychoeducation classes and interventions. Provide clinical expertise and consultation as it related to co-occuring disorders, including assistance with developing individual treatment goals and objectives for consumers enrolled in ITCD services. Review, choose, and post a variety of ongoing educational and treatment resources related to co-ocurring disorders. Implement, monitor and abide by company policy. Know and implement all applicable licensure requirements. Submit resume along with application to email@example.com, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- Residential Supervisor: Jefferson City, MO
We have an immediate opening for a Residential Supervisor to provide supervision and leadership for the residential facility, Melody House, which provides services to those with serious mental illness and/or developmental disabilities. Will be a part of the residential on-call rotation. Must obtain current CPR, First Aid, and Level One Med Aide certification. Will train. Full-time days with full benefits including medical insurance, paid holidays, paid leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Qualifications: Masters with experience in the mental health field preferred. Degree must be in social work, psychology, human services, or related fields. Job duties included but not limited to: Provide oversight, caring atmosphere, clinical leadership and training to residential staff. Participate in referral and placement of consumers. Complete consumer intake, treatment, termination, and funding arrangements. Implement, monitor, and abide by company policy. Know and implement all applicable licensure requirements. Submit resume along with application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- Van Driver/PSR Specialist: Columbia, MO
Position Overview: New Horizons is looking for a part-time Van Driver/Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist in our Columbia, MO site. Duties include driving a passenger van to bring consumers to and from the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center (day program) for adults with mental illness. Additionally, this staff will lead educational, recreational and vocational activities at the center, on an as-needed basis. Work Hours: Part-time days Monday-Friday, approximately 20 hours/week between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on a split shift. Qualifications: This position requires a compassionate positive person with a high school diploma or equivalent, clean driving record, and ability to obtain a chauffer’s license. Submit resume along with application to email@example.com, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to Christina Hudson, HR Specialist at 573-636-5019. EOE.
- Certified PEER Specialist: Jefferson City, MO
- Immediate opening for a CERTIFIED Missouri Peer Specialist to provide peer support services to adults with serious mental illness in a community setting. Full-time days with full benefits including medical insurance, paid holidays, paid leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Part-time employment will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Must have good communication skills to assist consumers with interpersonal and independent living skills. This position will promote skills for managing symptoms and be part of a treatment team. Preferred candidate must carry a diagnosis for mental illness and be in their own recovery. Must have a High School Diploma or GED and be a Certified Missouri Peer Specialist. Please see information regarding certification on the Department of Mental Health website. http://dmh.mo.gov/mentalilless/provider/training/peerspectrain.html. Must also have a valid driver’s license and a favorable driving record. Submit resume along with application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- Residential Support Specialist- Various Shifts: Jefferson City & Columbia, MO
$9.50-$11.00 starting hourly wage, depending upon experience and qualifications. Shifts include: Full-time: 2p- 10p, rotating weekends, sleep position: Sunday- Thursday, 10p-7a, Overnight 11p-7a, and part-time, 4p-10p, Friday-Monday 2p-3p and Saturday-Sunday 7a-3p. Our agency is seeking caring individuals to provide quality services to persons with mental illness within a residential setting. Minimum education level: high school/GED. Full-time benefits include medical insurance, paid holidays, paid leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Training for CPR, First Aid and Level One Medication Aide provided. Submit resume along with application to email@example.com, or at New Horizons; 2013 William Street, MO 65109. Submit to office or fax to 573-636-5019. EOE.
- Administrative Specialist: Columbia, MO
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Specialist who is interested in being part of our team as we provide quality customer service to individuals with severe mental illnesses. Work Hours: Full-time days with full benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays, paid leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Duties include: various receptionist/secretarial duties, including answering multi-line phones, managing consumer records in an electronic medical record system, and scheduling appointments with clinical staff; Notary Public Services as needed; and other duties assigned by the Program Director. Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent. Experience in medical office desired, but will train. Must have a pleasant and patient demeanor, customer service skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, the ability to multi-task, and an interest in working in the mental health field. Submit resume along with application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at New Horizons; 1408 Hathman Place; Columbia, MO 65201. Mail to office or fax to 573-875-2557. EOE.
- Community Support Specialist: Columbia, MO
$26,000-$31,700 starting salary, depending on experience and qualifications. Immediate full time opening to provide case management and rehabilitation services to adults with serious mental illness. Challenging work with a variety of responsibilities. Bachelor’s degree in psychology or social work preferred; other human services degrees will be considered. Benefits include medical insurance, paid holidays, paid leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Submit resume along with application to email@example.com, or at New Horizons; 1408 Hathman Place; Columbia, MO 65201. Mail to office or fax to 573-875-2557. EOE.
|Location||Department||Job Title||FTPT||Posted On|
|Batesville, AR||Health Resources of AR||Mental Health Professional||RFT||9/13/2016|
|Batesville, AR||Health Resources of AR||Residential Child Care Worker (RCCW)||RFT||7/12/2016|
|Bentonville, AR||Decision Point||DASEP Coordinator/Instructor Decision-Point||RFT||9/16/2016|
|Brookfield, MO||Adult - Trenton||Peer Specialist||RPT||4/25/2016|
|Desloge, MO (ALEX)||Alex School- Desloge||Alternative Learning Experiences (ALEX) Teacher/Facilitator||RPT||9/16/2016|
|Florissant, MO||Adolescent St L County||Associate Counselor||RFT||8/3/2016|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Behavioral Health Case Manager Supervisor||RFT||7/8/2016|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Community Support Specialist||RFT||11/13/2015|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Community Support Specialist||RFT||7/26/2016|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||CSS Supervisor||RFT||7/18/2016|
|Hannibal, MO- Clarity Healthcare||Clarity Healthcare||Patient Services Coordinator (PSC)||RFT||9/20/2016|
|Hannibal, MO- Clarity Healthcare||Clarity Healthcare||Therapist (LCSW)||RFT||4/7/2016|
|Harrisonville, MO||Employment Services||Chafee Specialist||RPT||8/24/2016|
|Iola, KS||Kansas-Iola||Community Mobilizer||RPT||7/11/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||9/2/2015|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Counselor||RFT||9/8/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Residential Coordinator||RFT||7/13/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adult Residential)||Adult - Jeff City||Counselor||RFT||9/8/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adult Residential)||Adult - Jeff City||Therapist||RFT||6/6/2016|
|Joplin, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach||PRN||8/31/2016|
|Joplin, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent-Joplin||Behavioral Health Technician||RFT||8/3/2016|
|Joplin, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent-Joplin||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||8/3/2015|
|Joplin, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent-Joplin||Behavioral Health Technician - Overnight||RPT||4/27/2016|
|Kansas City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Kansas City||Behavioral Health Technician||RFT||6/20/2016|
|Kansas City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Kansas City||Residen Coord Assistant||RFT||9/7/2016|
|Kansas City, MO (James A Reed Road)||Community Services||Day Program Cook/Direct Support Staff||RPT||9/13/2016|
|Kansas City, MO (James A Reed Road)||Community Services||Day Program Direct Support Staff||RPT||9/13/2016|
|Kansas City, MO (James A Reed Road)||Community Services||Direct Support Staff||RFT||9/13/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Associate Counselor||RFT||7/20/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||6/16/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Counselor||RFT||7/6/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Therapist||RFT||7/6/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adult - Kirksville||Associate Counselor||RFT||8/11/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adult - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||10/6/2015|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adult - Kirksville||Therapist||RFT||8/11/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||Administration||Patient Account Data Spec A||RFT||9/7/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||CPRC - Kirksville||Community Support Specialist||RFT||8/16/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||CPRC - Kirksville||Peer Specialist-CPRC||RFT||9/20/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||RCF - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||8/10/2016|
|Liberty, MO||Adolescent - Liberty||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||9/7/2016|
|Liberty, MO||Adolescent - Liberty||Community Support Specialist||RFT||9/7/2016|
|Linn Creek, MO||Workforce Partnerships||WIOA Administrative Assistant||RFT||7/29/2016|
|Little Rock, AR||Health Resources of AR||Vice President of Treatment Services||RFT||9/14/2016|
|Nevada, MO||Workforce Partnerships||Missouri Job Center Manager/Functional Leader||RFT||9/19/2016|
|Quincy, IL||Illinois-Quincy||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||9/29/2014|
|Quincy, IL||Illinois-Quincy||Licensed Practical Nurse||RFT||7/25/2016|
|Quincy, IL- Clarity Healthcare||Clarity Healthcare||Patient Services Coordinator||RFT||8/31/2016|
|Russellville, AR||Dayspring of AR||Mental Health Professional||RFT||9/13/2016|
|Site Location Negotiable||Administration||Sr Grants Writer||RFT||5/12/2016|
|Site Location Negotiable||Volunteer/Intern||Internships (Bachelors Level/Undergrad)||INT||4/2/2015|
|Site Location Negotiable||Volunteer/Intern||Practicum Student/Master Level||INT||4/2/2015|
|Springfield, MO||Community Services||Primary Support Staff||RFT||9/14/2016|
|Springfield, MO||Community Services||Regional Director||RFT||9/14/2016|
|Springfield, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach Supervisor||RFT||9/7/2016|
|Springfield, MO||Employment Services||Supported Employment PRN Job Coach||PRN||9/19/2016|
|Springfield, MO||Workforce Partnerships||Youth Administrative Support||RFT||9/19/2016|
|St Louis, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach||PRN||8/30/2016|
|St. Charles, MO||Adolescent - St. Charl||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|St. Charles, MO||Adolescent - St. Charl||Therapist||RFT||9/8/2016|
|St. Charles, MO||Adult - St. Louis||Client Engagement Specialist||RFT||8/29/2016|
|St. Charles, MO||St. Charles TOC||Community Support Specialist/Associate Counselor||RFT||4/13/2016|
|St. Joseph, MO||Adolescent - St. Joseph||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||7/15/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Broadway St Location)||Adult - St. Louis Broadway||Behavioral Health Technician||RFT||5/9/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Broadway St Location)||Adult - St. Louis Broadway||Client Engagement Specialist||RFT||8/29/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Broadway St Location)||Adult - St. Louis Broadway||Disease Management Community Support Specialist||RFT||9/7/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Delmar)||Adolescent- St. Louis||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||7/6/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Northrup Location)||Adolescent- St. Louis||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|St. Louis, MO (Northrup Location)||Adolescent- St. Louis||Community Support Specialist||RFT||5/9/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Office Center Location)||Adolescent St L County||Community Support Specialist||RPT||9/13/2016|
|Texarkana, AR||Dayspring of AR||Mental Health Professional (MHP)||RFT||8/11/2016|
|Texarkana, AR||Dayspring of AR||Transporter||RPT||8/2/2016|
|Town & Country, MO||Adolescent St L County||Community Support Specialist||RFT||8/31/2016|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Peer Specialist||RFT||3/3/2016|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Therapist||RFT||7/6/2016|
|Trenton, MO||CPRC - Trenton||Behavioral Health Case Manager Supervisor||RFT||7/5/2016|
|Trenton, MO||CPRC - Trenton||PSR Specialist||RPT||8/2/2016|
|Wentzville, MO||Adolescent - Wentzville||Community Support Specialist||RPT||9/16/2016|
|Wichita, KS (Hillside Location)||Kansas-Hillside||Counselor||RFT||8/29/2016|
|Winfield, KS||Adult - Winfield Resid||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|Winfield, KS||Adult - Winfield Resid||Counselor||RFT||4/4/2016|
Heart of Missouri Court Appointed Special Advocates (HOMC) is seeking an executive director who will report to the Board of Directors. HOMC is a non-profit organization located in Columbia, Missouri. Its mission is to train and supervise community volunteers to represent the best interests of child victims of abuse and neglect. The CASA volunteers are court appointed to be a voice for these children in Boone and Callaway County courts. This position is ultimately responsible for the overall management and day-to-day operations of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership attributes and interpersonal skills, experience in writing and receiving grants, experience in fundraising, marketing or public relations, a team based management style, a strong work ethic, the ability to develop and achieve short term goals as well as implement our long term vision and strategic plan for the growth and success of the organization.
Experience in running a non-profit organization or public service agency or have served in a managerial position in such organization is required. A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, business or public administration, law or a related field is preferred. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE:
- Research and prepare grant proposals as well as other funding applications; maintain relationships with such resource entities.
- Develop and maintain a donor base for both monetary and non-monetary resources.
- Work with Board in any fund-raising events or activities.
- Manage day-to-day fiscal operations and prepare financial reports and supporting documentation (as required).
- Submit bills and expenditures to the Board Treasurer in a timely manner for reimbursement and accounting.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual budget.
AGENCY AND PROGRAM PLANNING:
- Develop, implement, and maintain tracking systems for both volunteer and caseload files.
- Develop and initiate time-oriented strategic plans and review progress and compare to goals and objectives.
- Assure compliance with National and State CASA standards.
- Oversee HOMC compliance with established policies and procedures and prepare required reports.
- Attend National and State CASA conferences and meetings.
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC RELATIONS:
- Coordinate public relations with the purpose of recruiting volunteers and increasing public awareness of the CASA program and its goals and activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all appropriate groups, agencies, and organizations, and any and all other child advocacy agencies and community service organizations.
- Approve all written public relations material and oversee release of news releases, and follow-up of any media coverage.
- Be available for public speaking engagements.
- Hire, supervise, and prepare annual evaluations for administrative and program staff.
- Write and revise, as necessary, the job descriptions for staff (except executive director).
- Staff development.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIAISON:
- Attend all Board meetings.
- Oversee implementation of all Board directives, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as liaison between Board and agency staff.
- Keep Board apprised of status of operations, changes, and problems.
- Monitor Board Committee activities and attend Committee meetings.
Apply: All applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 26, 2016. Only candidates contacted for an interview will receive a response. All applicants will be required to undergo a criminal background check prior to any offer of employment.
HALO Jefferson City is seeking a residential supervisor. This positions will focus on the HALO Youth Transitional Living Program (TLP) and community involvement. The details of each of these areas are outlined below:
- Work closely with Lead Residential Supervisor to coordinate case management for TLP residents
- Actively engage with TLP residents and their dependents and form trusting relationships with them
- Encourage/empower TLP residents as they go through the program
- Be available to assist residents as needed, such as: drive them to school, or Dr. appointments on an as needed basis and assist them with any issues they have with their living space
- Conduct and organize “Life Skills” workshops to take place once per week
- Rotate on call nights with the Lead Residential Supervisor
- The Residential Supervisor will meet weekly with each youth to assess their progress on the programs 7 Focus Areas: Education, Employment, Financial, Parenting/Relationships, Health, Spiritual, and Transportation.
- When a new resident enters the program, the Residential Supervisors will set up an initial meeting where goals are established in the 7 focus areas.
- The Supervisor and resident will then meet weekly to strategize how they can begin to accomplish those goals and document progress. The Residential Supervisor will also guide the residents through completing the 3 phases of the program, thus ensuring they are transitioning well through the program.
- The Residential Supervisor will keep reports on individual progress and enter those reports into youth tracking software on a weekly basis. The Residential Supervisor will meet weekly with the Lead Residential Supervisor and the Branch Director to provide updates n each resident’s progress throughout the program.
- The Residential Supervisor will ensure that all TLP residents and their dependents are safe and compliant to all policies outlined in the handbook.
- Be available for emergencies on an as-needed basis
- The Residential Supervisor will assist in maintaining and enforcing the HALO Disciplinary Point System for all residents
- Should a resident break any rule(s) or an emergency situation occur the Residential Supervisor will report that to the Lead Residential Supervisor and take the proper steps outlined in the Policy Handbook.
- Assist with policy creation as needed
Community / Event Involvement
- Assisting with events and fundraisers
- Building relationships in the community
- Engaging in speaking opportunities/presentations
- Communicating the needs of the HALO Housing clients to our volunteer base
- Planning special events or opportunities for youth living in the TLP
- Reporting to Lead Residential Supervisor weekly- following the Strategic Plan outlined for the Jefferson City branch
- Assist with Donor Relations and implementation of fundraising initiatives
- Assisting with Future Planning and Program Development as needed
The Residential Supervisor will be committed to HALO’s mission and will be required to live on site full time at HALO Home-JC (3519 Bennett Lane) in a fully furnished apartment/Suite. Rent and utilities fully paid with free on-site laundry. This is a full time salaried position.
- Must have obtained a minimum of an undergraduate degree. Master of Social Work (MSW), background in counseling or case management preferred but not required.
- Must have impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to lead and manage projects
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a background check
Please send resume and cover letter to Crystal Burgan, Jefferson City Director at email@example.com or call (573) 680-4058 with questions. For more information about HALO visit www.haloworldwide.org.
Housing Authority of the City of Columbia, Missouri is seeking a resident services coordinator. This is a managerial level position with primary responsibility for linking Columbia Housing Authority residents with supportive health and human services provided by public agencies or private practitioners within the general community and assisting with the administration of grants and special programs. This position will also share responsibility for assisting Resident Associations, the Resident Advisory Board, the Annie Fisher Food Pantry, and for coordinating community and volunteer services.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in social work, education, family and child development, counseling, psychology, or related field; experience working with a diverse population, families, young children, the elderly and persons with disabilities. Prefer a minimum of two years’ experience in social services with demonstrable computer skills; bondable and insurable; possess a valid Missouri driver’s license (prefer Class E or higher); willing to travel overnight for training or attendance at conferences / workshops as directed; able to work evenings and weekends; able to obtain and maintain a bank account for the purpose of receiving direct deposit of payroll; able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
If you are interested in applying for this open position please complete the application (DOC) and submit with your resume. If you know anyone who would be a great addition to our team, please forward this email or direct them to our website to apply. Completed applications with resumes must be submitted by close of business on Friday, September 23 at 5:00pm.
True North of Columbia is seeking a part-time residential coordinator (20 hours/week, mostly daytime hours) to provide therapy to residential clients (those residing in the emergency shelter or transitional living programs) who are survivors of intimate partner violence and are experiencing the effects of the victimization.
- Must be licensed (may be provisionally licensed but must provide OWN supervision) to provide counseling in the State of Missouri
- Familiar with counseling research and techniques in the provision of therapy for trauma
- Experience with working with victims of intimate partner violence or sexual assault preferred
- Integrity and professionalism
- Ability to operate within a wide range of personalities and backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence abilities
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Master degree in Social Work, Clinical Psychology or applicable field required
To apply: http://tinyurl.com/jkrp7x9
About True North:
True North is Boone County’s intimate partner violence and sexual assault victim services program. The Agency provides a safe, emergency shelter offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to victims of intimate partner violence who are fleeing abusive situations, and also provides a variety of advocacy services, individual counseling, and support groups for victims regardless of whether they are residing in the shelter or not. True North is also committed to social change, working to reduce incidents of intimate and sexual violence in our community and reducing the tolerance for these crimes through the provision of violence education and awareness activities. For more information, visit our website at: www.TrueNorthofColumbia.org.
Steppingstone - Every Child's Hope is seeking a youth worker to supervise adolescents in our program. Responsibilities include providing transportation (agency vehicle provided); administer medication; life skill instruction; offer support in non-crisis situations. This position will also be required to complete daily logs and attend regular training and/or staff meetings while utilizing basic computer skills. Steppingstone is a program of Every Child’s Hope, providing shelter and care for Kansas City’s youth in need. Steppingstone provides highly individualized transitional and independent living services to at-risk and homeless youth ages 16–21. The Steppingstone program teaches life skills to support self-sufficiency. Steppingstone is a 24/7 program so a variety of shifts are available. Mandatory attendance at agency trainings may take place outside regularly scheduled shift.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a strong desire to work with adolescents, a clean driving record, and ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen, and be at least 21 years of age. A minimum of 48 college credit hours in related field preferred.
To apply: e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please identify which shift(s) you are interested in. For more information regarding the Steppingstone program and Every Child’s Hope, visit http://www.steppingstonekc.org/ or http://www.everychildshope.org/.
Current Full-Time Shifts Available:
Awake Night B
Wednesday 10pm – 9am
Thursday 10pm – 9am
Friday 10pm – 9am
Every Other Saturday 10pm – 9am
Youth Care D
Wednesday 3pm – 12 midnight
Thursday 3pm – 12 midnight
Friday 3pm – 12 midnight
Saturday 10am – 11pm
Rate of Pay: $10.83 – $12.49/hour based on education and experience.
Benefits: Health, prescription and dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance, vacation (3 weeks first year) and sick pay and many others.
The Alzheimer's Association is seeking a client services manager manage a volunteer and student-powered helpline which provides clinical support to individuals with memory loss, their care partners and the professional community. The position goal is to significantly scale up the Chapter’s ability to serve persons affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders to achieve growth outlined in the strategic plan. Measureable outcomes are growth of client services delivery, engagement of volunteers in service delivery and quality client interactions.
Program Management & Quality (60%)
- Increase client contacts by 15 percent in 3 years with special attention to increasing
participation among populations that typically have low involvement.
- In partnership with the National Contact Center, deliver high-quality phone-based clinical support to clients with memory loss, their care partners and the professional community.
- Support 20+ volunteers and student interns to deliver timely, relevant and high-quality information and support to clients (including Helpline, Let’s Talk, Respite, Care Consultation, and Dementia Mentor clients). Oversee training, ongoing education and supervision of these volunteers and students.
- Develop and implement a plan to assure timely delivery of high-quality follow-up to chapter referrals, particularly newly diagnosed individuals and connect them to Care Consultation.
- Oversee chapter resource center and local community resource information; provide feedback to assure high quality CommunityResourceFinder.org online resource.
- Assure high quality program delivery (at least 90% satisfied).
- Regularly measure volunteer satisfaction, engagement and quality service delivery; conduct annual volunteer performance reviews.
- Conduct client program evaluation and monitor ongoing quality assurance.
- Provide training and clinical case reviews for skill development and performance improvement.
Clinical Interventions (30%)
- Provide short-term consultations by phone, email or in person as requested to assist Alzheimer’s families in understanding dementia, planning for future care needs, ability to cope; link clients to appropriate chapter and community resources.
- Serve as back-up to Care Consultants for scheduled and unscheduled in-person client meetings at Chapter office.
General chapter responsibilities (10%)
- Assure compliance with Core Services Quality Evaluation Initiative for 24/7 Helpline; review data to identify areas for improvement and gaps in service delivery.
- Cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day. Generate leads for Development team.
- Maintain monthly reports, service statistics and grant-related paperwork.
- Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
- Must have a Master’s in Social Work (MSW is required to supervise social work interns)
- Clinical experience: 2+ years experience providing care consultation or case management; dementia care experience preferred
- Experience in volunteer training and management preferred
- Demonstrated history of clinical services delivery, quality program evaluation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; proficiency with constituent database preferred.
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs of equipment & supplies
- Office located at chapter office; services provided throughout 38-county chapter area
- Position operates in a flexible work environment which requires some travel by car throughout 38 county area and flexibility to work evenings and weekends to meet community needs
- Position utilizes desktop or laptop computer, LCD projectors and cell phone
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Health Care Collaborative of Rural Missouri is seeking a youth mental health first aid AmeriCorp instructor to serve as Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) instructors, certified to teach the 8-hour Youth MHFA-USA course to members of the public. Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is a public education program which introduces participants to the unique risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems in adolescents, builds understanding of the importance of early intervention, and teaches individuals how to help a youth in crisis or experiencing a mental health or substance use challenge.
- Participate in five day Youth MHFA Instructor Course (September 26-30, 2016)
- Disseminate Youth MHFA in communities through organizations such as schools, law enforcement, foster care agencies
- Outreach to local community for course participants, as well as recruit and engage community partners
- Market program through press releases, social media and informational sessions
- Track each participant certified through follow up evaluations
- Submit these evaluations as directed to MHFA-USA nationally and Health360
- Enroll in the MHFA-USA Listserve
- List courses on the National Public “Mental Health First Aid In Your Community” Map: Advertise courses and let the public know you are authorized to provide the program.
- Establish and foster relationships with community mental health agencies as partners and resources
- Serve as a resource to MHFA course participants on an ongoing basis
- Respect the privacy of course participants, colleagues and others, including the responsibility to protect personal information
- Advocate for MHFA by promoting the principles whenever possible
- Grant writing to support MHFA Corps activities
- Participate in AmeriCorps large service project
- Participate in monthly calls held nationally by Health360
- Assist host site with ongoing community initiatives and regional events
- Bachelor Degree required
- Personal and/or professional knowledge of mental health topics
- Strong teaching and/or training skills and experience, especially with adult learners
- Understanding of mental health issues and resources
- Skills and experience facilitating diverse groups and creating/maintaining a positive, effective learning environment
- Knowledge about mental health resources in her/his community and state
- Positive attitudes towards individuals with mental illnesses
- Enthusiasm for reducing the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness and addiction disorders
Details and Benefits include:
- Complete a 10 month commitment, specific dates will be determined by the host site coordinator
- Full-time AmeriCorps position - 1700 service hours – 40 hours per week, 5 holidays, 2.5 personal days
- AmeriCorps members receive a $12,530 stipend for their service – paid biweekly = 22 checks
- $5,775 Education Award upon completion of service commitment (1700 service hours)
Please send resume to: Stephanie Taylor, AHEC Director – firstname.lastname@example.org 816-617-2353.
Arthur Center has openings in the following positions:
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker II - Arthur Center is seeking applicants for a psychosocial worker to provide direct supervision and support for persons participating in our Wellness Connections program. This includes facilitating group educational, social and leisure activities and documenting progress in an electronic health record. Workers provide transportation as part of the program, so a good driving record is required. Good listening, observational and communication skills are necessary. A basic knowledge of mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and addictions is also required. Knowledge of Illness Management and Recovery and Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment is a plus. The position requires a bachelor degree in a human services field. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. EOE. Apply today at www.arthurcenter.com.
- Community Support Specialists - Arthur Center is seeking community support specialists to work in both our Fulton and Mexico location providing support services to adults recovering from mental illness. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor or Master degree in a human services field, experience working with persons with disabilities from a person-centered approach and a familiarity with co-occurring disorders. Must have excellent verbal skills, a good driving record, and reliable transportation. Experience with electronic health records is preferred. This is a full-time, benefit- eligible position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. EOE. Apply today at www.arthurcenter.com.
The Bert Nash Center, in Lawrence, KS has openings in the following positions:
- Child and Family Services Therapist - the primary responsibility of this position will be to provide outcome-based interventions to meet the mental health needs of children and families in Douglas County. This will include conducting systematic assessments, developing a diagnoses and analyses of symptoms within the ecological contexts, and formulating plans for change with the families or guardians. The CFS Therapist will work to identify and overcome barriers to treatment by providing services at times most likely to promote engagement when possible and by delivering services in the home and community when appropriate. In addition, this position will implement interventions that target the changes needed utilizing measureable outcomes. Qualifications: Licensed Qualified Mental Health Professional that requires a master’s degree from an accredited school and being licensed or licensable by the Behavioral Sciences Board in Kansas. All job offers are contingent upon a successful completion of a background check.
- Working to Recognize Alternative Possibilities (WRAP) Therapist - this position will provide prevention, education outreach and clinical activities to at-risk children attending Douglas County public schools. The WRAP program is designed to help children and families achieve success at school. Specific duties will include screening, referral and case management to help youth access relevant services. The WRAP Therapist will also provide direct services, including crisis intervention, therapeutic interventions, assessment, support services, and follow-up. This position will work closely with school personnel and other team leaders to coordinate intervention strategies. Qualifications: this position requires a master’s degree in psychology or social work and a Kansas license in one of these disciplines. Experience in working with juveniles and families in clinical interventions and experience working with school personnel strongly preferred. Flexibility in assigned working hours, strong organizational skills, and exceptional oral and written communications skills are required. All job offers are contingent upon a successful completion of a background check.
Apply: For best consideration, please complete an online application as soon as possible at www.bertnash.org/careers.
The 12th Judicial Circuit (Audrain, Montgomery and Warren Counties) is seeking a circuit victim advocate. This position involves understanding, explaining & participating in the criminal justice system on behalf of victims, providing services to victims of crime & crime-impacted families in the Circuit. Ideal candidate is inquisitive, curious, motivated and able to function independently on assigned tasks in a high-volume, stressful work environment. Travel required. BS in social sciences, equivalent work experience related to criminal justice, case management, or social work preferred. Applicants accepted until August 25, 2016 by e-mail to email@example.com by sending cover letter and resume. See full position info on Twitter at @AudrainCoPA.
St. Raymond's Society is seeking a full-time client services coordinator. St. Raymond’s Society is an interfaith, non-profit organization that partners with pregnant and newly parenting mothers to move them toward self-sufficiency. It is a multi-faceted program, including transitional homes in Jefferson City and Columbia, Missouri.
- Assists each resident in the development of a personalized program towards self-sufficiency
- Meets with each resident weekly to work on goal setting and goal attainment
- Coordinates weekly House Meeting
- Serves as regular presence in the house providing accountability, support, and compliance with rules
- Participates in Monthly Board Evaluations of residents
- Facilitates access to Community Resources (GED classes, counseling, job training, etc.)
- Manages resident finances (Savings Deposits, Baby Bucks)
- Provides transportation as needed
- Establishes weekly chore assignments, and checks daily for completion
- Interacts with referring agencies and conducts intake interviews for potential residents
- Assists residents with move-in and move-out transitions
- Provide assistance to small number of community clients
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Four year degree in Social Work, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Extensive experience in client services, case management and/or counseling required.
Full-time with flexible schedule. Compensation wil be 30K. Will be provided with cell phone.
To apply: send resume, cover letter, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org OR:
St. Raymond’s Society
P.O. Box 105554
Jefferson City, MO 65110
Reality House is seeking a part-time mental health counselor. Candidate must be detail oriented, have thorough knowledge of utilization of Microsoft Office Software, (including Access Program, but not required).
- Providing Individual/Group Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Possible Family Counseling
- End of Month Billing Reports
- Masters in Psychology/Sociology
- Must be current with LCSW or LPC. At least (2) years experience and credentials for Mental Health Counseling.
- Marital and Family Therapy credentials preferred.
- Must be 21 yrs old
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Able to Pass UA Screening
- Personal References
Clark Community Mental Health Center is seeking a full-time intensive in-home services case manager for their office located in Greene County, MO. This is a position for highly motivated and independent people with a strong desire to impact change with families and children involved in the child welfare system. Services are focused on maintaining children in the home in an effort to avoid foster care, relative care, residential care, etc. due to a large variety of reasons including substance abuse, mental health, unsanitary living, domestic violence, parenting, physical/sexual/emotional abuse, neglect, etc. It is a great opportunity to work with diverse populations and and many different intervention techniques.
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or a related human services field AND have two years experience with children and families. Resumes can be sent to Jennifer Shaffer at email@example.com.
Program coordinator for Field Education and Assistant Professor of Social Work. Administer the field education program for the SW Program at Lincoln University, including field placement development, planning, monitoring, tracking, implementation, orientations, training's and evaluation for approximately 15 students. Responsibilities include a .5 FTE teaching load (typically one field seminar course per year with travel to field sites) student advisement, governance, service, committee work and two others courses(.5 FTE) in the spring semester and teaching four courses in the fall. The Program Coordinator of Field Education will report to Director of the SW Program and to the chairperson of the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Required: MSW from a CSWE accredited program. Applicant must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills; have good organizational and administrative skills. Experience in establishing professional relationships, partnerships and collaborations and network with community organization and agencies are a must. Demonstrated teaching proficiency and experience working with culturally diverse populations is highly recommended.
Preferred: It is preferred that the candidate have experience teaching field instruction, be knowledgeable about field site/internship development and demonstrate community and professional service experience.
Submit a Lincoln University Employment application form, cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, transcripts, and a list of 5 references (name and contact information) to: Human Resource Services, Lincoln University, 101 Young Hall, PO Box 29, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029 or email: HRS@lincolnu.edu. Lincoln University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA employer.
Teach four 3 credit hour undergraduate level Social Work classes per semester. Will advise and mentor Social Work students, maintaining weekly office hours. Is expected to fully participate in university meetings, committees, convocations. Be effective at promoting Social Work program to incoming and potential students. Represent the Social Work program in the community.
DSW or MSW in Social Work from an accredited institution. Experience working in a multicultural community desirable.
Submit a Lincoln University Employment application form, cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, transcripts, and a list of 5 references (name and contact information) to: Human Resource Services, Lincoln University, 101 Young Hall, PO Box 29, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029 or email: HRS@lincolnu.edu. Lincoln University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA employer.
Lighthouse Counseling Center, in Moberly, is seeking a LCSW, LPC, or provisionally licensed individual. Work hours, days and clients are all flexible. Referrals are ready to be seen. For more details, please e-mail Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compass Health has openings for the following positions:
- Community Support Specialist - organized, compassionate candidates needed for our outpatient clinic to connect individuals with chronic mental illness to community resources and teach life skills individually as well as in a group setting. Req. BA/BS in Social Work or related degree.
- Therapists - for a variety of programs and settings in Jefferson City. Outpatient mental health, children’s openings. LCSW/LPsy or provisional licensure required.
- Assertive Community Team Leader - seeking an LCSW to provide supervision of ACT team for transitional aged young adults, previous supervision experience helpful. Team oriented, ability to outreach and partner in community necessary. Strong assessment, clinical, organizational and computer skills needed.
- Program Director - responsible for maintaining quality programming for our adolescent residential addiction recovery program. Able to provide clinical direction to all staff. Must enjoy working with youth and families. LCSW/LPC or substance abuse certification preferred.
- Counselor/Counselor Trainee - self starter, Experience in providing Substance Abuse counseling in our residential treatment center for women. Excellent communication and assessment skills. Participate in team meetings, collaborate with team members, competent in electronic documentation, treatment planning, and provision of crisis intervention when needed. LPC/LCSW or substance abuse certification or provisional licensure required.
- Outpatient Therapist - provide substance abuse and mental health counseling in a variety of settings, including clinic, school, and partnering community agencies. MSW/LMSW or licensure required. Licensure supervision available.
- Addiction Recovery Technicians - provide support and supervision for our residential treatment centers. Observation, behavior medication, group education and transportation as needed. Flexible, PRN/on-call positions open. Days, evenings, overnights and weekend shifts. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to obtain a Class E license in 90 days. HS Diploma/GED preferred. 2-day orientation required.
- Community Support Specialist - responsible for planning, developing and implementing community based substance use/behavioral health prevention programming for youth ages from 12-17years. Outpatient population for the Parachute Program. Req. BA/BS in Social Work or related degree. Day travel/evenings required.