Social Work Job Listings
Most employers are reputable and reliable, but the School of Social Work is not in a position to guarantee the professional standing of individual agencies, companies or other employers posting position notices. Applicants should research potential employers as part of the job search process.
Employers: if you would like us to post your opening, send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri State Job Opportunities can be viewed at http://www.mo.gov/work/job-seekers/state-job-openings/. This site provides information concerning Merit registers that are open for current, future, and ongoing job opportunities within the agencies that comprise the Missouri Merit System. State Employment Information for Job Applicants can be viewed and accessed at: http://oa.mo.gov/human-resources-service-center.
Truman State University is seeking a full-time, 9-month counselor to begin in August 2017. This position provides direct short-term counseling services for students including intakes, individual, relationship, group counseling, crisis intervention, and referral, as well as consultation services to the university community. In addition to the activities listed, this position will also provide outreach, training and assessment activities. The position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
Minimum of a master’s degree in counseling, counselor education, counseling psychology, social work or closely related field is required. Candidates are expected to be appropriately licensed in their professional field in Missouri, or be willing to work towards licensure. Previous experience in counseling with college students and expertise in typical presenting problem areas is preferred. Expertise in typical college age issues is preferred. Being an effective therapist with generalist clinical skills is required. Candidates should have had supervised internship, clinical field placement, or practicum experience as part of their degree requirements. A demonstrated ability to work well with others and skill in educational programming are also required.
Apply online: Submit a letter of interest indicating how the candidate would approach the duties and responsibilities described, a resume/vita, official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies will be accepted but official will be required prior to offer of employment) and three current letters of recommendation online or in person:
McClain Hal l 101
Truman State University
100 E. Normal
Kirksville, Missouri 63501
Review of applications will begin June 15, 2017 and continue until position is filled.
The Northeast Missouri Health Council (NMHC) in Kirksville, MO is seeking a LCSW to provide a continuum of mental health treatments by screening, assisting, and diagnosing at-risk patients. Candidate must be able to provide crisis intervention (including risk assessments and counseling) to emotionally disturbed patients. Must utilize resources to address social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health care problems, as well as provide counseling and behavioral/mental health treatment services to all patients. Must ensure individualized treatment plans are completed in a timely manner. Position requires consulting other human/social services for purposes of referral, if necessary. Qualified candidates must hold a Master of Social Work degree. Candidate must enjoy the opportunity to work alongside physicians and other healthcare professionals. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including preparation of narrative reports required. NMHC offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package and paid time off. Qualified candidates should apply on-line at: www.nemohealthcouncil.com.
|Location||Department||Job Title||FTPT||Posted On|
|Bentonville, AR||Administration||Billing/Collection Specialist||RFT||6/13/2017|
|Brentwood, MO (Adult Outpatient)||Adult Outpatient- Brentwood, MO||Community Support Specialist||RFT||5/18/2017|
|Brookfield, MO||Adult - Trenton||Peer Specialist||RPT||4/25/2016|
|Camdenton, MO||Youth & Family||Chafee||RFT||6/7/2017|
|Cape Girardeau, MO||Employment Services||Chafee Specialist||RFT||6/13/2017|
|Clinton, AR||Health Resources of AR||Mental Health Paraprofessional||RFT||6/8/2017|
|Clinton, AR||Health Resources of AR||Mental Health Professional- LCSW||RFT||6/8/2017|
|Clinton, MO||Workforce Partnerships||Next Generation Career Center (NGCC) Team Member||RFT||5/23/2017|
|Clinton, MO||Workforce Partnerships||Youth Administrative Support||RPT||6/13/2017|
|Desloge, MO||Alex School- Desloge||Alternative Learning Experiences (ALEX) Teacher/Facilitator||RFT||6/6/2017|
|Florissant, MO||Adolescent St L County||Behavioral Health Technician/Transporter (Evenings)||RPT||6/13/2017|
|Florissant, MO||Adolescent St L County||Therapist||RFT||5/8/2017|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Community Support Specialist||RFT||7/26/2016|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Family Support Provider||RFT||2/21/2017|
|Hannibal, MO||CPRC - Hannibal||Therapist||RFT||11/18/2016|
|Hannibal, MO- Clarity Healthcare||Clarity Healthcare||Therapist (LCSW)||RFT||4/7/2016|
|Hope, AR||Dayspring of AR||Mental Health Professional||RPT||1/25/2017|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||9/2/2015|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Counselor||RFT||9/8/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Jeff City||Therapist||RFT||6/5/2017|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adult Residential)||Adult - Jeff City||Community Support Specialist||PRN||11/29/2016|
|Jefferson City, MO (Adult Residential)||Adult - Jeff City||Counselor||RFT||9/8/2016|
|Joplin, MO||Adolescent-Joplin||Community Support Specialist||RFT||5/2/2017|
|Joplin, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent-Joplin||Behavioral Health Technician (Evening and Overnight Shifts)||RPT||2/28/2017|
|Kansas City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Kansas City||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||5/11/2017|
|Kansas City, MO (Adolescent Residential)||Adolescent - Kansas City||Behavioral Health Technician- Overnight (Male)||PRN||2/1/2017|
|Kansas City, MO (James A Reed Road)||Community Services||Direct Support Staff||RFT||9/13/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||6/16/2016|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adolescent - Kirksville||Therapist||RFT||6/8/2017|
|Kirksville, MO (Jamison Location)||Adult - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||10/6/2015|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||Administration||Community Support Specialist- Housing||RFT||5/25/2017|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||Adult - Kirksville||Therapist||RFT||6/8/2017|
|Kirksville, MO (LaHarpe Location)||RCF - Kirksville||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||6/7/2017|
|Lebanon, MO||Adult - Liberty||Community Support Specialist||RFT||6/13/2017|
|Liberty, MO||Adolescent - Liberty||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||4/6/2017|
|Liberty, MO||Adult - Liberty||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||2/15/2017|
|Moberly, MO||Adult - Liberty||Therapist||RFT||5/4/2017|
|Moberly, MO||Adult - Moberly||Community Support Specialist||RFT||5/4/2017|
|Moberly, MO||Adult - Moberly||Counselor||RFT||5/4/2017|
|Montgomery City, MO||Adult Outpatient- Montgomery City, MO||Counselor||RFT||4/25/2017|
|Quincy, IL||Illinois-Quincy||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||9/29/2014|
|Site Location Negotiable||Volunteer/Intern||Internships (Bachelors Level/Undergrad)||INT||4/2/2015|
|Site Location Negotiable||Volunteer/Intern||Practicum Student/Master Level||INT||4/2/2015|
|Springfield, MO||Employment Services||Case Manager DMH Services||RPT||5/30/2017|
|Springfield, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach (BI) Brain Injury||RPT||6/2/2017|
|Springfield, MO||Treatment Services||Residential Substance Abuse Technician (1st and 3rd Shifts)||RPT||6/7/2017|
|Springfield, MO||Treatment Services||Residential Substance Abuse Technician (2nd and 3rd Shifts)||RFT||6/7/2017|
|Springfield, MO||Workforce Partnerships||Job Developer-Summer Jobs||TEM||6/13/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||Administration||Managed Care Intern (Unpaid)||INT||2/22/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||Adolescent - St. Charles||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|St. Charles, MO||Adolescent - St. Charles||Behavioral Health Technician (Male)||RPT||3/27/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||Adult- St Charles||Behavioral Health Technician (Monday-Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm)||RPT||6/1/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||Adult- St Charles||Client Engagement Specialist||RFT||6/6/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||Residential Programs||ERE (Emergency Room Enhancement) Outreach Worker||RFT||6/13/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||St. Charles TOC||Community Support Specialist/Associate Counselor||RFT||5/30/2017|
|St. Charles, MO||St. Charles TOC||School Teams Coordinator||RFT||5/31/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Children's Program)||Children's Program- St. Charles||Child Specialist (Monday- Thursday 4:00pm-8:00pm and Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-4:00pm)||RPT||4/24/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Domestic Violence Shelter)||Domestic Violence Shelter||Therapist||RPT||11/30/2016|
|St. Charles, MO (Men's and Women's)||Men's and Women's Residential||Behavioral Health Technician (Medication Focused) (Sunday-Wednesday, 3:00pm-10:00pm)||RPT||5/17/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Men's and Women's)||Men's and Women's Residential||Behavioral Health Technician- Medication Focused (Thursday-Saturday, 3:00pm-10:00pm)||RPT||5/30/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Men's)||Men's Residential||Behavioral Health Technician (Saturday and Sunday, 3:00pm-11:00pm)||RPT||5/8/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Men's)||Men's Residential||Community Support Specialist (8:30am-5:00pm)||RFT||6/9/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Men's)||Men's Residential||Community Support Specialist (Part-time)||RPT||6/9/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Women's)||Women's Residential||Behavioral Health Technician (Saturday and Sunday, 8:00am-4:00pm)||RPT||2/9/2017|
|St. Charles, MO (Women's)||Women's Residential||Behavioral Health Technician- Overnight (Monday-Friday)||RFT||5/31/2017|
|St. Louis City, MO (Adult)||Adult Residential- St Louis City Center||Behavioral Health Technician - City Center||PRN||11/30/2016|
|St. Louis, MO||Employment Services||IPS Employment Specialist||RFT||5/24/2017|
|St. Louis, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach||PRN||3/20/2017|
|St. Louis, MO (Broadway St Location)||Adult - St. Louis Broadway||Community Support Specialist (Disease Management )||RFT||9/7/2016|
|St. Louis, MO (Delmar)||Adult - St. Louis||Behavioral Health Technician||RFT||6/6/2017|
|St. Louis, MO (Delmar)||Adult - St. Louis||Therapist||RFT||6/6/2017|
|St. Louis, MO (Eastern Region)||Administration||Administrative Assistant||RFT||5/17/2017|
|St. Louis, MO (Eastern Region)||Administration||Community and School Liaison||RFT||6/8/2017|
|St. Louis, MO (Northrup Location)||Adolescent- St. Louis||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/3/2014|
|St. Louis, MO (Office Center Location)||Adolescent St L County||Therapist||RFT||4/7/2017|
|St. Peters, MO||Adolescent - St Peters||Alumni Specialist||RFT||2/23/2017|
|St. Peters, MO||Adolescent - St Peters||School Teams Coordinator||RFT||5/8/2017|
|Town & Country, MO||Adolescent St L County||Clinical Supervisor||RFT||6/5/2017|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||12/9/2016|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Community Support Specialist||RFT||5/26/2017|
|Trenton, MO||Adult - Trenton||Therapist||RFT||12/9/2016|
|Trenton, MO||CPRC - Trenton||Family Support Provider||RFT||2/21/2017|
|Troy, MO||Domestic Violence Shelter||Community Manager||RFT||6/6/2017|
|Troy, MO (Adolescent)||Adolescent- Troy, MO (The Farm)||Behavioral Health Technician||PRN||3/23/2017|
|Troy, MO (Adult Outpatient)||Adult Outpatient- Troy, MO||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||1/12/2017|
|Troy, MO (Adult Outpatient)||Adult Outpatient- Troy, MO||Licensed CD Counselor (Float)||RFT||11/30/2016|
|Union, MO (Franklin County)||Adolescent - Franklin Co||School Teams Coordinator/Associate Counselor||RFT||4/6/2017|
|Warrenton, MO||Adult Outpatient- Warrenton, MO||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||3/20/2017|
|Warrenton, MO||Adult Outpatient- Warrenton, MO||Therapist||RFT||6/2/2017|
|West Plains, MO||Employment Services||Counselor – Adult Brain Injury||PRN||5/24/2017|
|West Plains, MO||Employment Services||Job Coach||RPT||3/6/2017|
|Wichita, KS (Hillside Location)||Kansas-Hillside||Admissions Specialist||RFT||6/6/2017|
|Winfield, KS||Adult - Winfield Resid||Behavioral Health Technician||RPT||10/27/2016|
|Winfield, MO||Adolescent- Winfield (The Farm- Residential)||Adolescent Recovery Technician||RPT||3/26/2017|
|Winfield, MO||Adolescent- Winfield (The Farm- Residential)||Behavioral Health Technician (Saturday and Sunday, 12:00am-8:00am)||RPT||5/18/2017|
Compassus is seeking a social worker to be responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Hospice Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. The Social Worker provides preventive, educational, and evaluative and treatment services to meet the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, to help them improve, restore, and maintain their maximum level of coping. The Social Worker utilizes community resources and the interdisciplinary team to aid in this process. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Functions as an IDT member.
- Completes psychosocial assessment on each assigned patient, as indicated by corporate policy.
- Completes pre-bereavement of each assigned patient.
- Completes Support Services Assessment, as appropriate.
- Reviews and explains hospice services, as appropriate, to patient's financial classification.
- Develops and updates care plans.
- Attends team meetings and visits patients, as indicated.
- Monitors hospitalizations and Medicare Part A admissions.
- Secures revocations.
- Attends care plan meetings at long term care facilities.
- Provides direct social work services.
- Facilitates placements and monitors patient’s adjustment.
- Coordinates care giving issues.
- Facilitates discharge planning.
- Explains and assists with advance directives.
- Addresses financial concerns.
- Completes financial assessment.
- Contacts community agencies, as appropriate.
- Initiates Medicaid Spend down.
- Assesses appropriateness for Special Concern supplies.
- Evaluates insurance concerns.
- Develops and utilizes community resources.
- Supervises social work practicum students.
- Develops and maintains working relationship with community agencies, i.e., long term care facilities, DFS, hospitals, social security office, V.A., etc.
- Utilizes available community resources to meet family needs.
- Works in cooperation with community agencies and lay groups.
- Provides education and in-services to contract agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides counseling to patient and family.
- Provides counseling to meet psychosocial needs of patient and family.
- Collaborates with and provides information to hospice interdisciplinary team related to counseling issues.
- Provides crisis intervention to patient/family.
- Refers to community counseling agencies, as indicated.
- Offers and facilitates memorial services, as directed.
- Other duties as performed or assigned.
Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (preferred); or Has a baccalaureate degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work; and has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting and is supervised by an MSW; or Has a baccalaureate degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by the Hospice Compassus before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an MSW.
- Employee will attend and participate in team meetings and program development planning.
- Employee will assist coworkers, when needed, in the welcome center, adoption and case management services.
- Employee will spend dedicated time in month working in the welcome center aiding walk-in clients.
- Employee will participate in regular supervisory sessions with program manager.
Great Circle is seeking a foster care case manager supervisor. This position reports to the Director of Community Based Services.
- Assess the needs of persons served, the resources available to meet those needs, the legal and/or policy requirements governing service delivery to persons served
- Track and monitor the progress of the families and children served
- Collect and apply data to improve outcomes for children and families
- Meet the state agency’s quality improvement and evaluation requirements
- Ensure that service delivery is performed according to the state agency’s mission, policies and procedures, and service philosophy
- Provide case consultation and in-service training, as appropriate
- Identify unmet training needs
- Ensure case reviews are conducted at least quarterly
- Conduct performance evaluations
- Any other requirements as defined by 13 CSR 40-73
Combination of office and home environments. Lighting and temperature adequate but may have to deal with families who smoke or locations that are in bad condition. Some in-state traveling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This person will have to be able to listen and communicate effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work well with both children and families. Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations. Ability to work with extreme behaviors in children and adults. Excellent communications skills to facilitate meetings with children and parents. Excellent writing skills. Must have good driving record and be able to obtain Class E driver’s license within 2 weeks of hire.
- Master’s degree in human services or related field
- Preferred Education and Experience: 2 years related work experience
Southwest Baptist University invites applications for a ten-month, tenure-track Clinical Faculty position as the Director of Field Education in the CSWE accredited Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program. The candidate selected will be responsible for the administrative oversight of the field education component of the BSW program. This position also has the responsibility of teaching 9 hours of social work courses per semester. Rank will be contingent on the qualifications of the candidate. Candidates must be Evangelical Christians and active church members who have a commitment to Christian higher education. Responsibilities will begin in August 2017.
Southwest Baptist University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers courses leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees. Approximately 1,745 on-campus students may choose from 58 programs of study as they pursue a liberal arts-based, career-oriented education. The campus is located in the city of Bolivar, a community of 10,000 located 23 miles north of Springfield, Missouri.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program, with a minimum of two years post-MSW social work practice experience
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, advising, and mentoring students
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of social work practice
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in the Behavioral Sciences department with majors in social work, psychology, sociology, and criminal justice
- Commitment to Southwest Baptist University’s values and principles
- Current Missouri LCSW strongly preferred
- Experience teaching in a CSWE accredited social work program
- Familiarity with the CSWE accreditation process
Applications will be accepted until July 15. Review/screening of applications will begin immediately. Please visit www.sbuniv.edu to complete an online applications and upload a letter of intent, curriculum vita, transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses, statement of educational philosophy, personal statement of faith and three letters of reference. Calls may be made to other persons who may have information about the applicant.
For specific questions, please contact:
Dr. Shelley Kilpatrick, Co-Chair of Social Work Search Committee
Chair, Department of Behavioral Sciences
Southwest Baptist University
1600 University Ave.
Bolivar, MO 65613
Compass Health, in Columbia, MO, is seeking a full-time licensed mental health therapist and experienced clinician to plan and carry out psychiatric mental health and alcohol and drug abuse treatment services to consumers. Assess, diagnose, treat, counsel and refer consumer of the organization. Provide crisis intervention services. Provide psychosocial evaluations and assessments within our outpatient clinic. EMR experience helpful. Must be organized and able to meet documentation deadlines. Team-oriented and serves as a member of the wellness team. Compass Health and its subsidiaries employ over 2000 employees and continue to grow each year. In addition to a convenient schedule, our competitive benefits package includes major medical, dental, vision, 401K, long- and short-term disability, life and accidental death insurance, cafeteria plan options, and EAP services. Compass Health recognizes ten holidays and has a generous leave time policy. Many of our sites qualify for the National Health Service Corp and the State Loan Repayment programs. Master's required and license or certification (LPC or LCSW).
To apply, please contact:
Donna Wood, Program Director
201 N Garth Avenue
Columbia, MO 65203
(615) 300-4785 (Cell)
Coyote Hill Christian Children's Home is seeking a therapist to be responsible for the development and implementation of holistic and effective diagnostic, therapeutic and case management strategies for those youths and families served by Coyote Hill Christian Children’s Home. A full-time Therapist is eligible to receive benefits that include retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, and personal leave.
- Provide guidance and assistance in the delivery of treatment services in accordance with ministry policy and procedures and in such a way as to include Home Parents as important team members.
- Be available on a 24-hour basis for response to emergencies and unusual incidents.
- Help to ensure that therapeutic interventions are afforded each resident in a way that is commensurate with and supportive of Coyote Hill family values.
- Interact with all other Coyote Hill staff & interns as a team member and in a professional manner.
- Ensure that individual and group treatment interventions & documentation are provided in a timely, appropriate and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement strategies for the appropriate inclusion of nuclear family and significant others in ongoing treatment planning.
- Maintain and manage an appropriate flow of communication regarding case status and progress with all significant stakeholders in individual treatment plans.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled and/or requested by the Site Director or Executive Director.
- Provide for regular case staffing sessions with Home Parents and significant other treatment plan participants.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing various Coyote Hill programs (Equestrian, Life Skills, etc.).
- Meet and maintain all provisions for professional licensure as required by the appropriate licensing authority.
- Willing to fill in the gaps when assistance is needed.
- Able and willing to engage in physical activities with clients through experiential therapy techniques. Perform other duties as requested.
Requirements: A Master’s Degree in Social Work, counseling or a related human services degree from an accredited school. Preferred, a minimum of two (2) years of direct experience in the delivery of treatment services to children and families. Must be licensed in Missouri as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, or Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor. Knowledge and experience in the areas of treatment planning and service delivery is essential. Must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal, assessment, treatment and organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to make sound, reasoned decisions and exercise good judgment in difficult situations. Must be physically able to engage in strenuous activities with children which includes equestrian activities. Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a risk-free driving record. Must be able to pass an initial and periodic background screening process as required by the Missouri Children’s Division.
For more information, contact:
Coyote Hill Christian Children’s Home
P.O. Box 1
9501 W. Coyote Hill Rd.
Harrisburg, MO 65256
The Missouri State Public Defender is seeking an investigator in the Columbia Trial Office. Individual assists attorneys by identifying, locating, and preserving case evidence for the criminal defense of a client. Travel is required; evening/weekend work may be necessary.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, journalism, social work, or closely related field; OR high school graduation equivalency plus four years experience in one of the following areas: 1) Activities related to criminal investigations or closely related areas; 2) Four years of clerical experience, of which two years must have involved specialized work in criminal investigative activities.
Salary is $2548/month plus generous State of Missouri benefits. An Employment Application must be completed in order to be considered for position. Applications are available online at www.publicdefender.mo.gov; by calling (573) 777-9977, ext. 202; or by visiting any local public defender office. Employment Applications must be received by mail, email, or fax in Human Resources no later than June 14 to be considered for position.
Send completed application to:
Missouri State Public Defender
1000 W. Nifong, Bldg. 7, Suite 100
Columbia, MO 65203
Attn.: Human Resources
Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri is seeking a disaster case manager to work with individuals and families impacted by the catastrophic flooding of April/May 2017. Travel required, with services primarily offered in Gasconade, Cole, Cooper, Maries, and Osage counties in central Missouri. This is a time-limited position (3 months) with the possibility of extension based on available funding. For details including job description and application process, please visit www.cccnmo.org/about/careers/.
Chaddock is seeking a foster and adoption servies therapist to provide individual, group and family therapy, clinical assessments, in-home therapy, school based therapy as well as clinical consultation on issues regarding therapeutic services to clients. Responsible for the timely completion of all assigned clinical documentation. All services shall be provided in accordance with the highest professional standards and within the realm of the Chaddock treatment model.
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling is required. Two years’ experience in providing therapy to children, adolescents, adults and/or families is preferred.
- Current State of Illinois LSW/LCSW or LPC/LCPC or be eligible to obtain within 6 months of employment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with youth.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, self-directed, and to work independently.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
The Salvation Army Midland Divisional is seeking a part-time shelter case manager to manage cases in the Center of Hope Emergency Shelter Program. Position must perform duties in compliance with all active funding requirements and may be involved in reporting to grant funders. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards. While not directly funded with grant dollars, loss of grants may impact continuity of this position.
- Conduct initial interviews with all Emergency Shelter clients to determine immediate needs.
- Develop client goal plan and meet periodically with clients on caseload to update goal plans and client activity notes in case files, encouraging clients to access community resources for additional assistance.
- Perform case manager duties in accordance with the terms of all active grants.
- Monitor employment and savings program progress of clients on case load.
- Make referrals to appropriate services and agencies for material, medical, and other types of assistance.
- Assist with other case management/shelter duties as assigned.
- Complete documentation as mandated by contract, policy and procedure, and/or Salvation Army practice in the approved computerized reporting system.
- Assign/monitor therapeutic duties assigned to clients.
- Propose to supervisor, and with approval, develop and implement programs for clients, conduct a life skill group periodically, or arrange for outside professionals to deliver the programs.
- Participate in staff meetings as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality, proper client staff boundaries and comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers, and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors, and clients; respect of others’ property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
Requires a Bachelors degree in social work, psychology or other related field, accompanied by at least one year of work experience in human service delivery, administration, or management. Combination of training and work experience will be considered. Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision. Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and independent judgment and decision-making skills, independent and creative thinking. Must be supportive of The Salvation Army’s mission and policies. The Position requires a high level of confidentiality. Good communication skills as well as the ability to work with diverse and challenging personalities are essential. Ability to type case notes and correspondence using Word and update Excel spreadsheets. Must possess or obtain Adult and Child CPR, First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogens certification and complete HMIS training within three months of employment. Appropriate driver license and pass TSA MVR check is a plus. Demonstrated knowledge of community agencies and the ability to network with them is essential. Conflict resolution skills are essential.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements: Capable of performing the above essential duties in an office environment to include: using a computer, answering phones, etc. Most work will be indoors in a temperature-controlled environment. Some duties may involve leaving the main job site to attend meetings and assist clients.
To apply, e-mail resume to USCMID_JEFFERSONCITYHR@USC.SALVATIONARMY.ORG.
Family Facets is seeking an intensive in-home services specialist for Saline and Lafayette Counties to provide intensive home-based service to prevent out-of-home placement of children. Full-time position, 2 family caseload. On-call for crisis, training provided. Work out of your home; company car provided, to be housed at your home. Starting salary depending on education and experience with adjustment for advanced service related experience. Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or comparable human service field, 3 years children services experience minimum. Prior MO Children's Division interaction preferred. Application documents available at www.familyfacets.com. Completed Family Facets Employment Application, Cover Letter, CM-7 form and Resume to be emailed to HRManager@FamilyFacets.com.
Missouri Psychiatric Center is seeking a milieu specialist to serve as the clinical support resource person to patients on an inpatient adult unit at MUPC. To promote an environment that supports a fundamental respect for all individuals on the unit, that enhances the patient’s overall experience at MUPC and provide a safe and respectful person centered model of care. This role focuses on the application of psychotherapeutic knowledge, skills, and principles to brief clinical encounters that occur spontaneously with the purpose of facilitating interpersonal competencies such as learning adaptive coping, interaction, and relationship skills.
- Promote a calm milieu by providing individual support and monitoring to patients as indicated/assigned; actively manage the milieu through interactions with individual patients on a regular/frequent basis; encourage patients to act at a level equal to their ability.
- Function as a role model for patients on the unit to show ways to effectively relate to others, to get one’s needs met, to enhance/develop social competencies and interpersonal awareness; serves as a resource and point of contact for information, guidance and support for patients.
- Work in collaboration with staff and the treatment team; communicates in a warm and empathetic manner.
- Ensure a compassionate, high quality, exemplary customer driven culture; validate the patient’s needs and rights.
- Be mindful of times of increased activity or stress on the unit in order to prevent escalation; redirect unhealthy/risky behaviors on the spot by giving feedback and alternative strategies; de-escalate patients and in emergencies provide appropriate crisis intervention techniques to maintain patients in a least restricting manner.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in social work or behavioral therapies (counseling, psychology, therapeutic recreation, occupational therapy) from an accredited college or university is preferred. Minimum two years of experience in mental health services. Two years of experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting preferred. Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills, and work well in a team environment requiring a high degree of creativity and motivation. Must be able to physically respond to psychiatric emergent situations and be able to function as a team member and maintain BLS certification. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply online Job#: 17001149
Central Missouri Community Action (CMCA) is has opening for the following positions:
- Family Development Specialist: needed to work with individuals and families providing services and case management techniques to assist in identifying and overcoming barriers which prevent them from meeting their basic needs. BS in social work, human or child and fam dev or a related field preferred. 2 yrs exp in a social service related field required. Must have general knowledge of family involvement practices and working knowledge of family development and social services. $13.70/hr. FT + excellent benefits.
- Parent Partner: needed to coordinate services for children and families who transition from Head Start into the Public School System, extending services through completion of 2nd grade. Responsible for coordinating family-centered activities and facilitating parent, teacher and community engagement in strategies to support strong social-emotional development and academic achievement. Includes case management, home visitation services, referral coordination, partnering with teachers, collaborative meeting planning and facilitation, goal-directed strategy planning, outcomes measurement, data collection, analysis and reporting. Some evening and weekend work will be required. BA/BS in Early Childhood/Elementary Ed, Human Services, Social Work or related degree and 2 yrs exp in social services or related field is required. Must have a working knowledge of child development and social service delivery. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred. FT + excellent benefits. $15/hr.
- Program Coach: needed as part of the Show Me Healthy Relationships Program. Do you enjoy working with people? Do you like being in the community, connecting resources and identifying needs? Is event planning and training something that you do well? If you have at least 3 years of experience in the social service or human services field and can answer yes to all of those questions then you should apply for Show Me Healthy Relationship's Program Coach located in Boone and Cooper County. $15/hr + excellent benefits.
Check out these listings and others at http://showmeaction.org/employment.
Voluntary Action Center is seeking a social services specialist/program coordinator. This role has two primary tasks: accurately assessing needs of low-income clients and providing appropriate services and coordinating seasonal programs. This position also takes primary responsibility for data collection and reporting.
Client intake and referral:
- Interview clients to assess needs and provide direct services on the basis of individual circumstances and within VAC program guidelines. Refer clients to other agencies in order to meet additional needs.
- Answer phone calls and assess client needs. Provide referrals and information as appropriate.
- Follow up on client services to ascertain effectiveness of services rendered.
- Maintain proper records on client contacts, referrals, and follow-up surveys.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other social service agencies/resources in the community.
- Maintain professionalism while working with people from various populations and backgrounds.
Coordinate seasonal programs:
Oversee all seasonal programs, coordinating all aspects of each. Projects include Homes for Computers, Summer Fan and Air Conditioner Programs, Lunch in the Park, School Supply distribution, Warm Up Columbia (collection and distribution of winter items), and Holiday Program (collection and distribution of gifts and food).
Information and organization:
- Take primary responsibility to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, compiling statistical data on services and follow-up surveys.
- Evaluate information and conditions affecting the community and client population. Be familiar with current community needs.
- Attend pertinent workshops, meetings, and seminars related to VAC's work.
- Represent VAC at meetings and other collaborations of social service agencies.
- Assist with fund raising and other events.
- Assist with maintaining supplies and other stored items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to use database systems. Interest in collection and reporting of data preferred.
- Familiarity with other computer programs preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sensitivity to, and acceptance of, individual needs and differences, including the ability to be flexible but fair when applying program policies to different client situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner, particularly in the handling of confidential information, as well as in relations with other personnel and with all clients.
Apply: Please contact Nick Foster at (573) 874-2273 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Family Facets is seeking full-time a LCSW/LPC in Columbia, MO. Family Facets Therapy Program is a trauma-informed, strengths-based approach to support healing and growth. Due to Family Facets’ reputation as a leader in trauma-informed therapy and our relationship with Children’s Division in Missouri, we are expanding and seeking a professionally minded LCSW or LPC to help meet our program’s goals and objectives. This position will function as part of our team of 12 Mental Health Clinicians serving Western, Central and Eastern Missouri to provide in-home and in-office therapy services to children, adolescents, and families in service area.
Responsibilities: Work under the direct guidance of the Clinical Director and Assistant Clinical Director who provide consultation support as well as training and continuing education opportunities. Additional administrative support provided by the Therapy Program Manager and Therapy Intake Specialist through the referral process, scheduling, marketing, billing, and paneling. Office space, supplies, and IT items, including computer and cell phone provided.
- Provide a range of diagnostic assessments and therapeutic interventions for clients and their families.
- Provide treatment along the continuum of care for clients including engagement, assessment, intervention, and evaluation.
- Complete diagnostic assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, quarterly updates to referral sources, and discharges plan.
- Facilitate communication with clients in crisis, as needed.
- Provide in-home and in-office therapy for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Consult as a member of a team weekly to gain insight and develop as a practitioner.
- Attend therapy retreats and Family Support Team meetings, as needed.
- Participate in Peer Record Reviews quarterly as a part of agency Quality Assurance Program.
- Maintain licensure with ongoing continuing education, as designated by professional licensure board.
- Assist Associate Clinical Director with tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health principles, trends, methods, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and evaluation administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Ability to apply mental health counseling methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stressors.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients' rights.
- Knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Fully licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Missouri Prefer specialized training in trauma and/or suicidal behaviors.
- Must have the ability to obtain TFCBT certification within one year of hire.
- Experience and passion for the child welfare community, trauma-informed practices, and lifelong learning is absolutely necessary.
Apply: Visit our website, www.FamilyFacets.com; from the bottom of the Home Page, click on Employment Opportunities. Email completed Family Facets Employment Application, Cover Letter, Resume, and current Missouri License to HRManager@FamilyFacets.com. Please call with any questions at 573-886-7422.
SSM Health is seeking a full-time social worker for home health in Jefferson City, MO. This poitions has $5,000 sign on bonus. Under general supervision, provides assistance to patients and their families in the form of counseling, resource referral and long term planning. Interviews patients and family members obtaining social history; evaluates insurance coverage; communicates with external payors; makes arrangements for alternative payment plans; counsels and educates patients and families; completes discharge arrangements; and obtains follow-up information. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned neonatal, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions.
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment for signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate, and modify patient's plan of care.
- Interviews patients, appropriate family members and significant others to obtain bio psychosocial history. Provides options for alternative arrangements utilizing external sources or community resources, and may coordinate volunteer and bereavement counseling.
- Assists physicians and other members of the health care team to identify discharge needs.
- Provides counselling and education for emotional, social and financial problems of patients and families.
- Reviews and signs off on documentation of initial evaluation and discharge planning performed by the Social Work Assistant. Monitors daily work activities of social work students as required by C.S.W.E.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Social Work required. Missouri MSW license preferred
- 1 years of experience in a health care environment required; volunteer or school work in a healthcare environment acceptable to meet 1 year requirement
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a driver's record deemed acceptable by SSM. Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto insurance with at least state required minimum coverage.
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers
- Ability to assess patient/family needs
- Requires data gathering and completion of reports
- This position requires daily travel to patient homes and meeting locations, the ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner is an essential function of the job.
- Additionally, access to a vehicle in good working condition required.
Steppingstone is seeking a youth care specialist who has a passion for working with at-risk youth and wants to make a difference in the community. This position works directly with youth by teaching them the life skills they need to be self-sufficient. Steppingstone is a transitional living program (TLP) for adolescents ages 16 – 21, located in Kansas City, Missouri. Steppingstone is a program of a larger, non-profit organization Every Child’s Hope, based out of St. Louis, Missouri. Steppingstone – KC is a 24/7 facility with the following shifts currently available:
- YCS 6 OVN
- Every Other Saturday 10pm – 9am
- Sunday 10pm – 9am
- Monday 10pm – 9am
- Tuesday 10pm – 9am
- YCS 3
- Sunday 3pm – 11pm
- Monday 3pm – 11pm
- Tuesday 3pm – 11pm
- Friday 3pm – 11pm
- Saturday 8am – 4pm
- Overnight availability 10pm – 9am
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a strong desire to work with adolescents, a clean driving record, and ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen, and be at least 21 years of age.
Responsibilities: Youth Care Specialists supervise adolescents in a highly individualized transitional and independent living program. Responsibilities include providing transportation (agency vehicle provided); administering medication; providing life skill instruction; offering support in non-crisis situations. Additionally, you will be required to complete daily logs and attend regular training and/or staff meetings while utilizing basic computer skills.
For more information, please e-mail your resume to KSingleton@echmail.org for consideration. Every Child’s Hope is an EEOE, a drug free workplace, and utilizes E-Verify.
Blessing Hospital is seeking full-time social workers for their acute medical units and emergency department.
- Acute medical units, 40 Hour Full time, M-F position
- Emergency Department, 36 Hour (3-12 Hour shifts), mostly assessing patients who present with mental health need; Nights
- Emergency Department, 36 Hour (3-12 Hour shifts), mostly assessing patients who present with mental health need; Weekend Days/Nights
- Emergency Department, Per Diem, mostly assessing patients who present with mental health need; Days/Nights
- Provides assessment and intervention of psychosocial needs for patients with complex medical presentation.
- Develops, implements, coordinated and evaluates client service plans in an inpatient environment.
- Works with Emergency Room physicians to assess patient for criteria of inpatient psychiatric treatment, versus implementation of outpatient program.
- Assists with complex discharge needs to local, less restrictive environments.
Qualifications: MSW preferred. License required or license eligible in IL.
- Up to 4 weeks of Paid Time Off within the first year
- Wellness Program
- 503 (c) investment plan
- Shift differential when applicable
- On-site Child Care (Excelerate Gold Level)
- On-site Pharmacy
- Education Assistance
For more information on career opportunities, contact Rebecca Koetters at (217) 223-8400, ext. 6855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wyman Teen Leadership Program enables teens from economically challenged circumstances to lead successful lives and build strong communities. The Wyman Teen Leadership Program (TLP) uses a progressive year-round approach over six years to support healthy teen development, leadership skills, and post-secondary access and persistence. The goals of TLP are to help youth from the St. Louis, MO area be productive in school and work, connect to community and family, and successfully navigate diverse environments. The program begins the summer before teens’ ninth grade year and provides consistent support and opportunities through their second year of post-secondary education. Learn more at http://wymancenter.org/tlp.
All positions are residential and based at Wyman’s 280+ acre camp in Eureka, Missouri.
- Group Leaders - living in a cabin with small groups of teens, providing daily supervision and support of teens, and creating and facilitating activities throughout the summer.
- Trek Instructors - living in a cabin with small groups of teens, leading multiple 4-8 day camping trips, guiding outdoor activities such as hiking and canoeing, and facilitating trek prep sessions.
- Team Leaders - being proactive members of seasonal supervisory staff team, providing direct supervision of Group Leaders, overseeing logistics of summer activities, and facilitating leadership and college access programming.
- Teen Supports - being proactive members of seasonal supervisory staff team, identifying and addressing teen needs, coaching staff on teen issues, and facilitating leadership and college access programming.
- Super Staff Training: May 16-19
- All staff Training: May 22-June 6
- Session 1: June 7-June 27
- Session 2: July 7-July 27
- Note: Staff must commit to both sessions and all applicable trainings
Apply online: www.wymancenter.org/category/careers
Contact: Taylor.Krewson@wymancenter.org or (314) 620-7730
Compass Health has openings for the following positions:
- Community Support Specialist - Organized, compassionate candidates needed for our outpatient clinic to connect individuals with chronic mental illness to community resources and teach life skills individually as well as in a group setting. Req. BA/BS in Social Work or related degree. Adult teams; residential and outpatient openings.
- Therapists - For a variety of programs and settings in Jefferson City. Outpatient mental health, children’s openings. LCSW/LPsy or provisional licensure required.
- Counselor/Counselor Trainee - Self starter, Experience in providing Substance Abuse counseling as part of our outpatient assertive community treatment team for transitional-aged youth. Excellent communication and assessment skills. Participate in team meetings, collaborate with team members, competent in electronic documentation, treatment planning, and provision of crisis intervention when needed. LPC/LCSW or substance abuse certification, provisional licensure or considering bachelor-level candidates with substance abuse experience to obtain certification.
- Integrated Health Specialist - Provide integrated, holistic community support services as part of an integrated, trans-disciplinary wellness team. MA/MS required and must qualify as a Qualified Mental Health Provider as defined by Department of Mental Health.
- Community Support Supervisor - Supervise a team of community support specialists utilizing the team model approach for services and ensure quality of treatment for the team’s consumers. MA/MS required and must qualify as a Qualified Mental Health Provider as defined by the Department of Mental Health.
- Counselor/Counselor Trainee: - Self starter, Experience in providing Substance Abuse counseling in our residential treatment center for women. Excellent communication and assessment skills. Participate in team meetings, collaborate with team members, competent in electronic documentation, treatment planning, and provision of crisis intervention when needed. LPC/LCSW or substance abuse certification or provisional licensure required.
- Addiction Recovery Technicians - Provide support and supervision for our residential treatment centers. Observation, behavior medication, group education and transportation as needed. Flexible, PRN/on-call positions open. Days, evenings, overnights and weekend shifts. Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to obtain a Class E license in 90 days. HS Diploma/GED preferred. 2-day orientation required.
- MEND Facilitator - Lead an educational group utilizing the DULUTH model for batterers of domestic violence relationships. PT day/evening groups in our outpatient program. On-site training provided.
- Therapist - Outpatient mental health. Individual/group therapy, assessment and crisis intervention during the day. Missouri licensure required.
The State of Missouri is seeking a social worker (MSW required, LCSW preferred) to provide case management and therapy services in a maximum-security mental health facility in Fulton, MO. This is a direct-hire position for the State of Missouri that pays $49,116.00 per year plus full benefits. This is a professional Licensed Clinical Social Worker (preferred) position providing casework, group work, and/or client-centered advocacy services to patients or clients in a program for persons with mental illness, mental retardation/developmental disabilities, and/or physical disabilities.
- Performs advanced clinical social work functions in a program for persons with mental illness, mental retardation/developmental disabilities, and/or physical disabilities; or serves as a member of a medical review team which conducts on-site reviews of nursing homes, hospitals, and extended care facilities.
- Conducts complete assessments of patients' or clients' social, environmental, and economic backgrounds to assist medical and other professional staff with diagnosis, prognosis, and rehabilitation, habilitation, and/or treatment planning.
- Interacts with other personnel to plan, evaluate, and review treatment plans and results.
- Utilizes clinical skills and available community resources to positively impact the social functioning of the patient or client.
- Inspects extended care and skilled nursing facilities in order to assess residents' level of care needs, determines the quality and appropriateness of care and social services provided, and monitors compliance with state and federal guidelines for care and services.
- Evaluates the suitability of conditions in which patients or clients would be placed on convalescent leave, aftercare, or discharge; makes recommendations accordingly.
- Facilitates community organization on a local, regional, or statewide level for the purpose of increasing client services; monitors to ensure proper service delivery.
- Confers with medical facilities, schools, community groups, public health and social service agencies, and other service providers to discuss referrals, follow-up care, and decisions affecting the patient or client and to explain agency policies, treatment philosophy, programs, and goals.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility over Clinical Casework Practitioners and other social services staff, particularly in cases where employees are completing their supervised experience required for clinical social work licensure.
- Utilizes evaluative principles and techniques to conduct special research projects and reports results.
- Maintains required reports and records; prepares reports in response to requests for information and services from social, legal, and medical agencies.
- Exercises a high degree of independent skill and competence within established policies; receives supervision from a designated authority who reviews work through case review, participation in treatment planning, and/or observation of results.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Missouri preferred; Masters of Social Work degree is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ethical considerations involved in the practice of licensed clinical social work.
- Intermediate knowledge of methods, principles, practices, and techniques of casework, group work, client-centered advocacy, community organization, research, psychotherapy, and other clinical skills as they apply to intervention programs for persons with mental illness, mental retardation/developmental disabilities, and /or physical disabilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of current social and economic problems.
- Intermediate theoretical and practical knowledge of individual, group, and family behavior.
- Intermediate knowledge of individual and group therapy techniques and theories.
- Intermediate knowledge of medical and psychiatric diagnoses and their implications for treatment prognoses.
- Intermediate knowledge of various federal, state, and facility guidelines and regulations concerning care for persons with mental illness, mental retardation/developmental disabilities, and/or physical disabilities.
- Intermediate knowledge of available community resources and their organization, purpose, and use.
- Intermediate knowledge of the social, emotional, and financial effects of various mental and physical problems on patients or clients, their families, and the community.
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and methods in the areas of assessment, planning, individual and group therapy, administration, and community organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, family members, the public, and representatives of other agencies and organizations.
- Ability to assess the individual needs of a patient or client and evaluate the care and services provided in terms of meeting those needs.
- Ability to supervise and provide guidance to social work staff and students in compliance with all laws and regulations relating to the practice of social work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
Apply online for this position. Please, no phone calls or email correspondences. Applicants determined to meet the qualifications and requirements for this position will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team. Athena Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking interns for their AmeriCorps program that runs for a year at a time and begins in mid August. The position has a stipend (approximately $850/month) and an education award (approximately $5,500) that is available at the end of the contract. The education award can be applied to future tuition expenses or student loans. The positions are full time but flexible (34-36 hours a week). The major job duty is enrolling and training volunteers/mentors for the program (BBBS). Will work around school schedules and much of the work is scheduled by the member as they have time (within reason). There are 5 positions available come August 17th. Anyone interested can contact Aleshia Marso via email at email@example.com for more information or to set up an interview.
Southwest Iowa Families, Inc. is seeking mental health therapists. Must be masters level licensed or license eligible in Iowa. MSW preferred, eligible mental health counselors or marriage and family are encouraged to apply. Flexible – full or part-time schedules are possible. This is an opportunity to practice in a rural setting. Southwest Iowa Families is an outstanding provider of services for children and families. Individual, family and group work with a broad range of client issues and problems will be expected. Southwest Iowa Families Inc. is known for its commitment to high quality children’s therapy, prevention services and work with "at risk" families. Salary and benefits will be discussed at interview. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Resources, Inc. is seeking a community support workerto work with mentally ill (SPMI) adults in Platte, Clay and Ray counties. This FT position requires a valid driver’s license with up-to-date auto insurance and a BA/BS in psychology, social work or related field. Duties include assisting clients with medication, accompanying clients to various appointments and helping clients stay out of the hospital. Work hours are 8-5, M-F. E-mail resume to email@example.com.
- Develop timely and goal/client oriented progress notes
- Develop annual treatment plan that is strength based, reflecting client’s goals and desired outcomes
- Complete other required documentation (CIP’s, CSW/Client agreement, and progress notes) in a timely manner
- Maintains collateral contacts which are deemed appropriate by treatment plan or crisis intervention
- Promotes client participation in the community by assisting clients to cultivate community resources in order to maintain daily living skills
- Assists and supports clients in making and carrying out health care needs decisions as indicated in treatment plan and/or documented in progress notes
- Include client, client guardian, secondary consumer, RCF staff, etc. in annual treatment planning, quarterly reviews and critical intervention plans
- Follow procedures for crisis intervention and will seek team/QMHP for consultation/resolution
Pay: $13 - $17/hour
Benefits: 401(K) Plan, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, Mileage Reimbursement, Health Insurance is not provided
Rainbow House is seeking a clinical coordinator for their Children’s Emergency Shelter and Homeless Youth Program. The position requires a Master’s degree in educational and counseling psychology or social work. Must hold a valid Missouri license as a LCSW, LPC, or must be provisionally licensed and under appropriate supervision. Some experience in residential treatment, child welfare, or mental health setting is strongly preferred. This position will provide both brief interventions and long-term individual therapy. In addition to providing assessments, individual therapy and family therapy to children and youth in residence at the Children’s Emergency Shelter and Homeless Youth Program, this position provides support to shelter staff regarding behavioral and clinical concerns of children and youth in both programs.
Please email a resume and cover letter to Kelsey Louder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shelterwood Academy is seeking live-in mentors to impact the lives of teenagers from across the country. Shelterwood Academy is a gold standard Christian therapeutic boarding school located on the eastern side of Kansas City, MO. Applicants must be 21 years of age and work with a team of over 30 other men and women from across the country. Learn more
Applicants must be single men and women who have a passion for Christ and a passion to help at-risk teenagers in the Shelterwood program. It's a challenging and also a life-changing year of service. The position starts at $1,000 a month stipend plus free room and board, insurance benefits, and excellent training in the Leadership Development Program. Experience working or volunteering with teenagers is very helpful. An undergraduate or graduate degree is preferred.
The Arthur Center has opening for the following positions:
- Community Support Specialist: Looking to make a difference? Do you have your MSW and need free supervision? Arthur Center is seeking Community Support Specialists to work in our Fulton and Mexico location providing support services to adults recovering from mental illness. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor or Master degree in a human services field, experience working with persons with disabilities from a person-centered approach and a familiarity with co-occurring disorders. Must have excellent verbal skills, a good driving record, and reliable transportation. Experience with electronic health records is preferred. This is a full-time, benefit- eligible position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. EOE.
- Employment Specialist: Looking to make a difference? Do you enjoy a flair of marketing and a chance to change lives? If so, Arthur Center is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Fulton location to assist adult’s recovering from mental illness obtain employment. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor or Master degree in a human services field, experience working with persons with disabilities from a person-centered approach and a familiarity with co-occurring disorders. Must have excellent verbal skills, a good driving record, and reliable transportation. Experience with electronic health records is preferred. This is a full-time, benefit- eligible position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. EOE.
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Worker II: Arthur Center is seeking applicants for a psychosocial worker to provide direct supervision and support for persons participating in our Wellness Connections program. This includes facilitating group educational, social and leisure activities and documenting progress in an electronic health record. Workers provide transportation as part of the program, so a good driving record is required. Good listening, observational and communication skills are necessary. A basic knowledge of mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and addictions is also required. Knowledge of Illness Management and Recovery and Integrated Dual Disorders Treatment is a plus. The position requires a bachelor degree in a human services field. This is a full-time, benefit eligible position. EOE.
To apply: visit: www.arthurcenter.com.
Next Generation Ministries is summer volunteers for their Spark Summer Leaders Program. The time committment is four days a week (Thu-Sun) for 10 weeks. The Spark Summer Leaders Program is an opportunity for promising college aged adults to take on an important role in the execution of Spark Mini-Mobile camps. Spark Summer Leaders will spend their summers traveling to each of our different church locations and working directly with pastors and church leadership to implement a successful camp at that location. SSL will also be working with local church volunteers and children in attendance at camp.
- Training local church volunteers
- Delivering camp equipment such as rock wall, large inflatables to churches
- Setting up, taking down, and maintaining equipment
- Managing registrant information
- Leading large group game time
- Leading worship and skit time
- Coordinating with Conference and local church staff to lead entire camp weekend
- A perpetually outgoing and positive personality
- An ability to create great, long-lasting relationships with church staff and fellow SSLs
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience with children
- Aptitude for leading meetings and speaking in front of large groups
- A basic understanding of excel, word, and other Office products
- Must be safe sanctuary certified (Will be provided if necessary)
Capitol Region Medical Center is seeking a LCSW/Counselor/Psychologist for their Employee Assistance Program. This is a full-time position providing individual and family therapy in the employee assistance program and presenting overall wellness to our contracted EAP companies. Work schedule will be 8:00am - 4:30pm; no weekends. Applicants can apply for this positon at https://taq.crmc.org/careers/.
MU Health Care is seeking a social worker to provide social evaluation, treatment, resource referral and discharge planning to patients and their relatives. This is a .8FTE position; approximately 32 hours per week between University Hospital and Women and Children's Hospital. It will be every Saturday (8am-4pm) at UMHC, possibly Sundays as well. Then 2-3 days per week at WCH; afternoon and evening hours depending on the number of hours worked over the weekend, likely 1pm-7pm.
- Interview patients and families for social information relevant to treatment and health care planning and compile comprehensive social evaluations.
- Counsel, plan and implement discharge and post-hospital care with patients and families.
- Refer patients and families to community, state and federal agencies and resources and provide coordinative services.
- Counsel patients and families for adjustment to illness/disability and for personal and family problems related to health/illness in routine and complex situations.
- Assess needs and locate community resources for patients and families in need of concrete services such as transportation, lodging and food.
- Assist patients and families with problems which require intervention within the hospital and community.
- Document social services provided appropriately and in accordance with department and hospital policy.
- Maintain department statistical records.
- Provide twenty-four hour a day coverage for crisis intervention in the Emergency Center on rotational coverage with the rest of the staff.
- Consult and collaborate with health care providers and other staff regarding patient care, problems and discharge planning.
- Participate in department and hospital committees as assigned.
Qualifications: Requires a Master’s degree in social work from a college or university accredited by the national Council of Social Work Education. Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $20.94 - $31.49
Apply: Job# 16003806
Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital in Los Angeles, CA is seeking a director of care management. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nursing Officer and has 24-hour accountability for the oversight of all activities to manage the care of the patient over the continuum of care from pre-hospitalization through discharge. These activities include admission, continued, extended and discharge reviews in all reimbursement categories to determine medical necessity, assure high quality of care and efficient utilization of available healthcare resources, facilities and services. The Director implements the Utilization Management Plan for the organization and coordinates variance reports and summaries in coordination with Quality and Performance Improvement, Risk Management, and Infection Control. This role encompasses the effective and efficient management of human, fiscal and other resources, development of staff competency through assessment and education, compliance with regulatory and professional standards and strategic planning, improvement of quality, service levels, safety, customer satisfaction and of collaborative relationships.
- Establishes operational plans for the Department based upon the Hospital’s mission and strategies.
- Develops & monitors labor, supply & capital budgets; sets staffing & resource utilization parameters daily.
- Evaluates FTE allotment and staff skill mix for long range staffing adjustments.
- Recommends program/service changes to increase efficiency & appropriate use of fiscal resources.
- Develops and prioritizes annual department budget in line with the Hospital's process, goals and targets based on projected volume/workload, expense dollars and revenue dollars.
- Develops, revises or reviews all policies and procedures. Has intimate knowledge of the Care Management Department policies and procedures and monitors staff compliance.
- Operationalizes human resource policies to include behavioral interviewing, credentials compliance, orienting, evaluating, coaching / counseling, disciplining and terminating staff.
- Implements a process to evaluate and improve staff competencies through education.
- Develops and operationalizes the Quality and Performance Improvement Plan.
- Serves as a resource person and internal consultant to department heads, medical staff, and hospital staff related to Care Management of the patient population served. Ensures age-specific and population specific awareness in patient/family care and interaction.
- Utilizes Milliman best practices to determine patient disposition. Collaborates with Hospitalists, Intensivists, Laborists and Emergency Department physicians in this process.
- Organizes & directs work flow, solves intra/inter-departmental problems that inhibit work flow & quality, motivates employees to optimal performance, and serves as a resource to staff for any issues.
- Develops and uses a system to continuously evaluate and respond to customer concerns. Assures that the Watson Model of Care is implemented by the Care Managers.
- Participates with hospital and physician leadership in decision-making. Acts as patient care liaison with the Medical Staff. Fosters multi-disciplinary integration of process improvement strategies.
- Responsible for appropriate patient placement in the ADT processes. Assigns a Care Manager to every patient in the Emergency Department and on admission to the hospital.
- Minimum of two (2) years management experience required overseeing hospital-based care management unit and a minimum of five (5) years of care management experience preferred.
- Bilingual language skills preferred (Spanish)
- Current California Nursing license or LCSW required.
- Certification in Case Management preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Master’s in Nursing, Business or related health field required (individuals without a Master’s will be required to complete the degree within 2 years of their hire date).
Download PDF with more information.