Open Positions at the School of Social Work
Senior Research Associate
The School of Social Work is seeking two senior research associates to fill a twelve-month position to act as project coordinators for a recently funded US Department of Education research project. The project, titled, "The Evaluation of a Self-Monitoring Training Program for Elementary School Students", is a four year grant funded position that is a joint research project between the University Of Missouri School Of Social Work, College of Education’s Department of Educational School and Counseling Psychology, and the Missouri Prevention Center. The purpose of the project is to study the effects of a self-management and self-monitoring training program on fifth grade students exhibiting challenging classroom behaviors. Primary job duties include:
- overseeing daily operations of the study
- monitoring program fidelity and overcoming implementation barriers
- tracking and monitoring data collection and following up with non-responders
- ensuring participant stipends are paid in a timely manner
- ordering materials and tracking study expenditures
- assistance with annual report writing.
Qualifications: Candidates with prior experience in managing and conducting intervention research studies in school settings will be given priority. In addition, candidates must have:
- Masters level, Specialist, or Doctoral degree in Social Work, Education, Counseling or a related field
- Experience working in schools—teaching or implementing evidence-based assessments and interventions or coordinating services for youth
- A basic understanding of the research cycle.
Candidates will be evaluated on the following factors:
- Ability to supervise graduate students
- Ability to solve problems in a positive manner
- Communication, organizational, and management skills.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Appointment: Non-tenure-track, twelve-month appointment beginning Spring, 2018.
To Apply: http://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic/index.php, job # 25529. Upload (a) a letter of application which describes your qualifications for the position, and (b) names and contact information for three references in the Attachments section of the application. Your resume/CV must be uploaded in the Resume/CV and Cover Letter section. Please contact Dr. Aaron M. Thompson (email@example.com ; 573-882-0124) for questions.
Beginning Review Date: Formal review of applications will begin March 1, 2018 and continue until the positions are filled.
The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities and disabled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. To request ADA accommodations, please contact the Dean’s Office at 573-884-7717.