Mansoo Yu, PhD, MSW, MA
Associate Professor of Social Work and Public Health, Faculty Advisor for the MSW/MPH Duel Program, Director of the Doctoral Program
PhD, Washington University, 2006; MSW, Washington University, 2001; MA, Yonsei University, 2000; BA, Sungkyunkwan University, 1998.
- Health-Risk Behaviors (e.g., tobacco and other substance use problems, and risky sexual behaviors)
- Health Disparities
- Mental Health and Physical Health
- Epidemiologic Research
- Healthy Adolescent Development
- Research with Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups, and Vulnerable/Underserved Populations
Dr. Yu's Research in the News:
- UPI.com: "Most women suffering intimate partner abuse don't get therapy" (6/10/2013)
- HealthDay: "Black Teens in Public Housing Twice As Likely to Smoke" (7/24/2012)
- TIME: "Should prenatal care be extended to dads?" (6/21/2011)
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, HHS HealthBeat: "Cutting the Chance of Drug Abuse" (8/10/2010)
Dr. Yu's Publications:
Research Methods and Design; Principles of Epidemiology; Inequality and Disparities in Health; Program Evaluation.